EU, EEA and Competition law
We offer general advisory services as well as litigation, dispute resolution and complaints handling involving the EFTA Surveillance Authority, the EFTA Court and the Norwegian courts.
The team also tailors courses, workshops and lectures to suit individual customer needs.
Our attorneys have professional backgrounds from relevant public bodies such as the Norwegian Competition Authority and the EFTA Surveillance Authority.
Substantive EU/EEA law
We provide advice to companies, organisations and private individuals concerning the opportunities available in the EEA Agreement and take charge of complaints, appeals and legal proceedings involving the EFTA Surveillance Authority, the EFTA Court and Norwegian courts.
We assist public authorities and private companies in relation to rules for subsidies and government support, and we handle legal processes brought before the EFTA Surveillance Authority, the EFTA Court and the Norwegian courts.
We assist providers and bidders in questions concerning rules and regulations for public procurement. We can assist procurement clients with strategic advice prior to entering into a procurement process, quality control of the process itself, preparing the necessary documentation and follow-up assistance if complaints or appeals are submitted, and deal with civil suits and legal proceedings.
Typical advice for bidders during procurement competitions can be assessing the legality of procurement processes, handling complaints/appeals and questions of economic compensation.
We offer general advisory services and litigation and dispute resolution in relation to Norwegian and foreign competition authorities and before the Norwegian courts and the EFTA Court.
We have significant experience in merger clearances as well as competition litigation, including cartel investigations and immunity applications.
Our international network allows us to handle transactions and procedures abroad, including cases where a business merger must be reported to a number of jurisdictions, or where a company is being investigated in various countries for breach of competition law.
Our team has extensive experience dealing with complex cases involving all aspects of competition law, including:
- Merger notifications to the Norwegian Competition Authority and the EU Commission
- Advice on the structuring of joint ventures
- Preparing and reviewing distribution, franchise and licensing agreements
- Advice on cooperation between competitors
- Advice regarding the Norwegian Competition Act’s prohibition against the abuse of a dominant position
- The drafting of compliance programmes in accordance with competition rules and regulations
- Assistance dealing with the competition authorities, the prosecuting authority and the courts in illegal cartel cases
- Assistance with dawn raids, investigations and applications for immunity from fines and the leniency regime