- Lawyers and advisors in Steenstrup Stordrange’s (SANDS) Africa team have been deeply involved in Africa for over 20 years, working on numerous landmark transactions, and building vital business connections in many African countries.
- SANDS acts mainly for Norwegian companies and institutions located on and off the continent with interests in investing in African countries. Our clients also include Africa-based companies wishing to expand internationally and to access capital in the international finance markets.
- We help our clients mitigate risk and navigate the complex issues that exist in cross-border deals and projects within both established and developing African economies.
Our Expertise - Skills and services in Africa
- Infrastructure and Energy projects, from early phase design and feasibility studies to operational phases and transfer
- Renewable Energy projects
- Anti-Corruption and Compliance
- Oil & Gas
- Trade and Industry
- Contact and negotiations with authoritative bodies, including ministries and governmental entities
Our African networks
SANDS has access to a wide network of partners in Africa, which ensures that we always are able to deliver high quality advice and guidance with the necessary insight into both the local trading environment and the relevant legal frameworks. This includes LEX Africa, an alliance of leading African law firms, which have cooperation with The Interlex Group®, where SANDS is a member. Interlex is ranked in Tier 1 by the international rating agency, Chambers & Partners.
Read more about selected areas of expertise: