In SANDS, we emphasise building teams. Teams that consist of individuals who complement each other, both professionally and socially. Every person is important, and the pieces must fit together. We want a company with employees who are passionate about the legal profession, about working together and about working with clients. This is not only because we, in that way, create a good working environment, but also because we are convinced that our clients appreciate it. We are proud that we succeed in attracting experienced lawyers from other leading firms and corporations, as well as sharp minds from the law faculties.
Our success is not measured in numbers, but in whether we succeed in living up to our values, ambitions and that we are able to deliver our best to our clients.
A few facts about SANDS:
- A full-service business law firm with offices in Oslo, Trondheim, Bergen, Ålesund, Tromsø and Tønsberg. We are one firm, owned by a national partnership, which gives our clients a local contact point combined with seamless access to the entire firm’s collective competence and experience.
- SANDS has had the strongest growth of all major law firms in the past five years.
- In both 2018 and 2019, SANDS was nominated for the prestigious award “Law Firm of the Year: The Nordics”. The award is awarded by the UK’s leading legal periodical and industry website; The Lawyer.
- We won the award “Achievement of the Year” in the law firm ranking for 2018 in the financial daily newspaper, Finansavisen.
- SANDS has climbed significantly over the last few years in international analyses of legal advisors in mergers and acquisitions.
- We have approx. 250 cases in court annually and have 14 lawyers admitted to the Supreme Court.
- We are among the most sought-after law firms for law students, confirmed by the two major international rankings covering Norway.
- We assist our clients with international projects regardless of jurisdiction and also have dedicated “China Desk” and “Africa Desk”. We collaborate with law firms on all continents.