Global Construction Desk
A market with costly pit-falls
Attractive as the Norwegian infrastructure market may seem, there are obvious pit-falls and risks for new entrants. You have to understand the business culture, make the right connections and work within a predictable legal and business context. Avoiding unnecessary costs and time-consuming procedures is imperative.
We are one of the largest and leading Norwegian teams in construction law and are providing our experience and expertise to the benefit of international clients. Our firm has substantial presence in major offices all over Norway. We offer you an extended service concept encompassing legal and business disciplines like compliance, cultural understanding and lobbying, partnership search, taxation and insurance law, conflict resolution, negotiations – in short a complete one-stop package for a successful start-up in Norway. Many of our staff are multilingual in addition to English.
SANDS has a long track record with references from similar clients both international and domestic, and we combine deep legal understanding and knowledge with hands-on experience from the construction industry. Our network and contacts with major decisions makers and potential partners is extensive.
Our objective is to present an optimal business case to our clients through competitive pricing and a superior service concept.
How do SANDS contribute?
- Staying close to client and project. SANDS has offices close to the projects - with strong local knowledge, including political insight, stakeholders, local interest groups and business networks. This prevents surprises and cultural/local misunderstandings throughout the project.
- Extended service concept. SANDS offers you an extended service concept encompassing legal and business disciplines like compliance, cultural understanding and lobbying, partnership search, taxation and insurance law, conflict resolution, negotiations – in short a complete one-stop package for a successful start-up on projects in Norway. Many of our staff is multilingual in addition to English.
- Business experience. SANDS has practical real-life experience from management positions with contractors and consultants. We are happy to provide you with a tool box ranging from simple services like office premises and formal start-up prerequisites to full fledge support throughout a building project.
- Dispute resolution. SANDS has special competence on dispute resolution, both through mediation and ordinary court procedures.
- Working environment and HSE. In all construction projects HSE is a constantly important issue. Avoiding accidents and preventing misbehavior are major concerns. SANDS advise on HSE processes and assist on possible conflicts.
- Knowledge sharing. Our lawyers actively contribute to the development of Norwegian contract law, through the development of new contract types and as a driving force in the digitalization of construction processes and we are pleased to share this knowledge with our clients.
PPP projects. We have been involved in all three PPP road projects in Norway with a broad range of legal services – from the very start-up to finalizing the project. This encompasses agreements, negotiations, insurance, conflict solving, public procurement and 24/7 service to our Clients.
InterCity Rail Projects. A very ambitious high speed network connecting main cities around Oslo. We have been involved in partner search, joint venture set-ups, negotiation with the Rail Authorities and mediation.
Road projects. We have been legal partners on many of the major road project, ranging from E39, E18 and E6 to mention a few. In many cases we have conducted successful litigation processes for our Clients.
Buildings. Some of the major building projects we have been working on, are the new prestigious National Museum in Oslo with international and Norwegian partners and “Barcode”, the spectacular new business area downtown Oslo.