SANDS is a full-range provider of legal services in the field of real estate. As one of Norway’s leading law practices in the field, we assist property owners, developers, investors, real estate syndicates, government authorities, brokerage firms, co-owners and international firms.
SANDS has a large, dedicated group of experienced partners and lawyers who cover all aspects of a transaction – from option agreement and bid acceptance, through due diligence and purchase negotiations, to development, ownership and realisation of a commercial property. Several of our lawyers are admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Norway.
SANDS offers great professional breadth, a high degree of targeted partner attention and a unique local presence across Norway, which makes us an attractive and reliable partner for more and more commercial real estate players.
SANDS’ Commercial Real Estate Group possesses unique expertise in transaction-related matters and more traditional real estate law.
We assist professional firms in all parts of the industry, be they property owners, developers, investors, real estate syndicates, government authorities, brokerage firms or international firms. We also assist commonhold co-owners in cases against developers, individual unit owners, etc.
Our team offers specialist legal expertise combined with market understanding in all phases: from option agreement or bid acceptance, through due diligence and purchase negotiations, to development, ownership and realisation of a commercial property.
In addition, our lawyers have strong expertise in expropriation and appraisal law and years of experience in contacting government authorities in connection with regulatory processes etc.
SANDS has several lawyers who are admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Norway, with particular standing in real estate matters.
At SANDS, you get a high degree of partner attention irrespective of where in Norway you operate.
SANDS is a national firm with local roots, uniquely among Norwegian national law firms, with offices in Bergen, Trondheim, Ålesund, Tromsø and Tønsberg, in addition to Oslo. For a local buyer, it is an advantage to have someone who knows the local market and the players well. Facilitation of agreements and contacts can be followed up in a better way. Irrespective of where in Norway SANDS is used, the client will benefit from the expertise found in the national firm.
Examples of advice
- Arranging and completing sales of real estate/real estate companies
- Purchasing assistance, due diligence, contract negotiations
- Settlement of real estate transactions
- Various transaction structures, including sale-and-leasebacks, forward sales, etc.
- Structuring development projects, including form of business organisation, organisation of the property (recording in the land register, sub-dividing), etc.
- Tax and charge optimisation of real estate projects
- Lease negotiations
- Real estate brokerage regulation
- Planning and construction legal issues
- Easements and other rights to real property
- Regulatory processes
- Concessions, government permits and contact with authorities
- Expropriation and appraisal
- Ground lease situations
- Allodial rights and land consolidation